Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pinkie Promise Wish

Have you ever experienced a deja vu? Or, in other words, had a feeling of already experienced the present situation? 



I have. They happened more when I was younger, but they still happen on occasion. I came across an article that was not only fascinating, but it also resonated with me.

About space and time. Not as we understand it here on earth, but before and beyond. Eternity. Could our deja vu's be connected to that place, that space, that time, that we don't understand?

If I had one wish here on earth, I would wish for the absence of time and space... just for a day. I could recall the past and be in the present. I don't think I could look on the future. Not yet.

But... I would turn back to the days before my children left this earth life. I would not only watch, but I would live with them! 

I would be brave enough to get in the jeep with my son and climb the big rocks, instead of standing outside the adventure looking in. 



I would jump on a tube and fly down the slopes, wind and snow blowing in my face, racing my son to the bottom of the hill... instead of capturing the thrill on his face whizzing down the hill.



I would jump over obstacles and land on my feet, showing my daughter I could keep up!



I would go on another adventure with her, anticipating the surprise behind the next door... or curtain... or....




Just one more time... we'd walk through the tulips, play in the fountains, roll down the hills, feed the fish, gaze at the stars, and hike the canyons. And so much more.



Then, we would make our "pinkie promise", just like we did on our last camping trip together. And promise to carve in a trip every year to strengthen family ties, create memories, and share our love and friendship with one other. We would never be too busy for that. Not ever.



If time and space were irrelevant, I would bring back every single moment, every single memory, and re-live them just one more time. But I can't. Not here. Though, one day, when I am reunited with my children, I am certain we will re-start our adventures with a "pinkie promise", never, ever, to be broken again!

                             Inspired by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop

3 comments:

  1. "I would not only watch, but I would live with them." Beautiful heartfelt post. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart too is missing my Dad who died a year ago today. I wish I had more beautiful moments and time with him. This is such a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stealing your wish forever because that would be so amazing to go back and experience those moments again, for a little longer.

    ReplyDelete