White Chicken Enchilada, Individual Seven Layer Dip, and Frosty's. You can link to the actual recipe or use mine below (I modified a couple of ingredients). We loved the individual seven layer dip... no double dipping here! All were easy and fast to make, had excellent visual appeal, and turned out to be a big hit at our house. These recipes went into my recipes to use often file box.
Put a bowl of tortilia chips out and add a green salad, and the meal becomes appealing to both the health wise and snack addict.
Now, get ready to have your taste buds super fired up!
White Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (soft shell)
- 3 T. butter
- 1 c. sour cream (I used low fat)
- 1 4 oz. can of diced green chilies (I used hot!)
- 2 c. cooked, shredded chicken (about 1 large chicken breast)
- 3 T. flour
- 2 c. chicken broth (I bought organic, low sodium broth from the healthy food section)
- salt and pepper
Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cook/shred your chicken breast and mix it with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Lay 8 tortillas out and fill each one with the chicken mixture making sure they are all even. Roll them up tightly and put them in a greased 9x13 dish.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add in 3 T. flour. Mix and cook for about one minute.
- Add in the 2 c. of chicken broth, whisking until it's a smooth consistency.
- Whisk over medium heat until it is thick and creamy (5-8 minuntes)
- Mix in the sour cream, salt/pepper, and the can of chilies to the pan.
- Add 1 c. of the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Add salsa or cilantro and you're ready to eat!
Individual Seven-Layer Dips
Serves 8
Ingredients
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans (I bought organic vegetarian from the health food section)
- 1 (10 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 c. guacamole (I made my own from 2 avocados)
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream (I used low fat)
- 1 c. chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 c. shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 (2.25 oz) can of sliced olives, drained
- 8 (9 oz) plastic tumbles
- tortilla chips
Instructions
- In a small bowl mix taco seasoning with refried beans.
Assemble layer as follows: use 2 T. per ingredient
- layer 1: beans and taco seasoning
- layer 2: sour cream
- layer 3: guacamole
- layer 4: salsa or pico de gallo (drained)
- layer 5: cheese
- layer 6: tomatoes
- layer 7: green onions and olives
Amt. per serving calories - 227
carbs - 16.1 grams
dietary fiber - 5 grams (can deduct 5 g. from 16.1 g. if counting carbs)
Complete nutritional information can be found on link above.
Complete nutritional information can be found on link above.
Frosty
Ingredients
- 6 oz. milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 15 ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum (found in the health food section)
- 1/2 med. banana
Instructions
place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and thick.
1 serving - 10.5 carbs
This is normally 1 serving, but I used it as 2 servings. Very filling!
Share a recipe from Pinterest and how it turned out.
Awaken your creative side and join Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

I LOVE the idea of individual 7 layer dip! Gonna do that one for sure! Popped over from MamaKat. I'm in the #4 spot
ReplyDeleteBrilliant with the individual 7 layer dip cups. Seriously. Why have I never even thought of that? Oh, wait. It's because I'm not creative. At. All.
ReplyDeleteI WANT IT ALL! I'm expecting an invite for Superbowl Sunday next year.
ReplyDeletehmmm . . . I'm going to have to try that frosty
ReplyDelete