Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Quotography - Grandfather


A grandfather is someone who has 
silver in his hair and gold in his heart.


Grandpa Bentley was in the sunset of his life when I was old enough to remember him. His hair was a silvery gray. I knew him as a tender, kind man. He was cheerful and happy. Grandpa sang Irish songs as he bounced me on his knee.

They say as you age, you acquire knowledge and wisdom from years of living. That being the case, grandpa's challenges and trials in life helped refine him into a man who whose heart became "gold".  

Even though he had Rheumatoid Arthritis and lived out his last years in a wheelchair, he always had a smile on his face and a song in his heart. He taught me the value of being happy and positive, even in the face of pain. 







  

3 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite quotes about grandfathers. Grandpa was a happy man, I loved him very much. He's an example you can look to as you deal with your own challenges with arthritis. Thanks for participating this week. I don't put up a linky because I don't have the time or energy to visit a lot of blogs. I've quit visiting except for a few favorites and then I only get to that every few weeks. I make the quotography because I use them to make a calendar at the end of the year--and it makes me happy to put words with images. I also love keeping track of what I read and the things I make. This is what my blog has become--a place for me to record and share. I don't socialize through it anymore. It seems like blogging was really popular for a couple of years and then everybody just gave it up. After that it wasn't fun, just a lot of work. I keep up with the family through facebook and instagram now. I've also started adding some of my favorite blogging friends to my friends list. They also gave up blogging and I miss them. I do enjoy reading your posts and looking at your pictures. I'm glad you haven't given up yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will ever give blogging up. It's become a journal for me and makes me happy. I think it's fun because it's a history in the making. I plan on making them into books, starting this year going back. Putting pictures with my memories keeps me going. It's very therapeutic, like quilting is for you or putting words to images. We all have our own way. I hope you don't give up on visiting. You are about the only one who comes. I've even noticed that fewer and fewer people are participating in the writer's workshop.

      Delete
    2. I've noticed that too. When I first started Writer's workshop it seemed like she had about 30 or more participants and now it's like 15 or less. I try to get to it every now and again. I like how it makes me think about different things to write about.

      Delete