Thursday, September 18, 2014

Room with a View

First night we stayed in Switzerland was high in the Swiss Alps. My hubby paid extra to get a room with a view! I was very excited! It was quite an adventure getting to our place high in the Alps. The GPS took us on a bumpy, one lane dirt road that twisted and turned into places I thought we would never get out of. 

After we reached our destination, in Hasliberg, we found our hotel. A note was left at the front desk telling us to call when we arrived. The gentleman came right away and when we told him our troubles of getting there, he said "it was unlawful to travel that road." Well... I'm glad we didn't run into any lawman! Thanks GPS!

We were given directions to get to our room with a view. We had to go through the dinning area, through a door, down some steps, up some steps, through another door, down a long dark hallway to the end of the very end of the building. All I could think is... "it better be worth it!"

The room itself, was a huge disappointment. We paid top dollar for a dump! Welcome to Switzerland! But we had a view! From the sliding glass window we had a view of the Alps. We opened the curtains and the sliding door, which led to the deck. Soon the night breeze filtered in, cooling the stuffy room. I undressed and hopped into bed. I was lying in my undies admiring the view, when I heard some people walk down the deck toward our end. 

They wanted to take in the view. "Hey.... that's our view!" We paid good money for this view. I was quite annoyed. They stood outside admiring the view, while BLOCKING MY VIEW!

Until... they turned around and saw me all stretched out on my bed, lying in my undies! It didn't take them long to skedaddle back to their side of the deck. "Serves them right for trying to get in on my room with a view!



Room with a view--Hasliberg, Switzerland



View from a lovely B&B we stayed at in Iseltwald, Switzerland

Writing prompt #4: Write a blog post inspired by the word: travel

Hosted by 


10 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures!!
    I can't believe that people would just wander onto your deck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous pictures! Those people had a room with a view too, only their view was you! Great story! I've heard that accommodations in Europe are not what we would expect. They are very sparse and plain. But I'd deal with that if I had a great view like that. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest thing for me to get used to was the sleeping arrangements. Separate twin beds (pushed together), with only a comforter inside a duvet cover, barely enough to cover a person up. It was like having a large pillow case to cover you up. I like a top sheet, a bottom sheet, a nice comfy comforter, and tucked in snug as a bug.

      Delete
    2. you'll have to pack your own bedding next time you go.

      Delete
  3. '... the place is so beautiful, I hope I can go there too. One day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is out of this world gorgeous! I love that you gave those intruders a view of their own in your underwear. Hahaha! I can't help but wonder what their set up was like if they had to go hunt down other peoples views. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW...that is take your breath away beautiful!!! what an awesome view!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my HECK! It sounds like your neighbors are the ones who got a view in a room! Hahahaha! what a story! The views out your windows are pretty spectacular.

    ReplyDelete