I was out on the deck reading a book, when the chatter of birds made me look up.
I got up see what all the fuss was about.
Strands of straw, feathers, and small twigs were strewn around the base of the grill.
I opened it up and to my surprise I saw a very elaborate nest taking shape.
I didn't have the heart to take away what the birds had so lovingly built.
I watched and I waited. Then, one day...
I watched and I waited. Then, one day...
One blue egg in the nest.
Day two, the nest had two.
Day three, the nest had three.
Day four, the nest had four.
Day five, the nest had five.
Five pretty robin-blue bird eggs!
egg

Hi Carol. I remember a line from The Color Purple that went something like: how could anyone see the color purple and not believe in God. I feel the same way about robin's egg blue. Thank you for such loveliness today.
ReplyDeleteSo agreed! A daughter, who I lost a year ago to an act of domestic violence.. her favorite color was purple. So... thanks for sharing that with me today. A perfect way to start my day.
DeleteWow! These are fantastic! What joy to see! Thanks for sharing these...can't wait to see the babies (hint, hint!)
ReplyDeleteAdrienne, unfortunately the sun on the grill must have been too hot for the eggs. I watched and waited and they never hatched. Sad.
DeleteBut, we do have an orchard and run across bird nests all the time. I believe I got a couple of good pictures of some baby birds. I will make a post on them when another word works for them. Or, maybe I will just post and let you know when I do.
Beautiful! Amazing colors, what a great find!
ReplyDeleteI love robin egg blue too. are these robin eggs?
ReplyDelete