A couple of years ago, I planted a beautiful little geranium in a vintage blue bucket I had found at a thrift store. I put it on a bench on the front porch and watched it grow. It grew into a full and vibrant plant that bloomed in mid summer and continued through out the year. As long as I dead headed the dried up blooms, it was happy. In late fall, before the freeze, my geranium was still vibrant and thriving. I loved this plant and somehow it spoke to my heart. I couldn't bear to throw it out. So, I brought it inside the house and placed it on a small wooden bench, underneath the west window, in the library. It found happiness there! I couldn't believe it. Throughout the winter months, it stretched upwards to reach the sunlight filtering through the window. And, it just kept on blooming.
I left for Europe in October last year and returned in January. I had gathered all my house plants up, including the geranium, and put them on the large island in the kitchen so it would be easier for the girls to take care of them while I was gone. After being gone for three months, I could tell my plants missed me! I gave them all a trim and got rid of the dead leaves. The geranium looked sickly. After some TLC, I placed my geranium back on the bench, underneath the west window in the library. It's now been almost two months, and it's healthy, happy, and ready to bloom!
I'll be taking the geranium back out on the front porch in a couple of weeks. There it will once again stay until the first signs of frost. I love my geranium!
When I found this quote, I knew I had to use it to go with my geranium. It can be applied to life, as well.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was greater than the risk it took to bloom." --Anais NinJust as the bud, if we sit too long, without blooming... we can loose the opportunity to rise to our full and beautiful potential!
We may never become who we were mean't to be. Our challenge is to rise up. Discover hidden talents. Share them with others. Nourish our body and soul. Develop beauty; inside and out. In other words---Bloom where we are planted!
On the front porch

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
ReplyDelete{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red34\green34\blue34;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0
\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 I loved this post and quote. Your plants will probably miss you when you go again. Yes I 'm going to keep on with quotography. I like it too. I had no idea you were coming to Price. Heidi and I went shopping in Provo. We had a good day. Kerry and I went out to the cemetery. It was a mess! Branches down everywhere and litter blown here and there. It looks like there has been some pretty good wind storms out there on the hill. We changed the flowers and swept the leaves away. It was too cold to clean the stone so we will go back when it warms up. I can't believe it has been 9 years. I'm sad I didn't get to see you.
I am so happy to hear you are going to keep up with Quotography. Yes, the cemetery was a mess and it was so windy and cold. I will be glad to go back when it's warm. I will call you when I come down. It might not be until I get back from Europe (July 8).
Delete