I recently finished the yard work. Pruning bushes, plants, and perennial flowers. The weather was perfect. Not too cold; just warm enough to work up a sweat in the late afternoon. Now, I get to relax and watch pretty things grow!
Farmer D worked hard in the orchard. All the prep work for a bounteous season is done. The fertilizing, pruning, spraying, cultivating, and planting of new trees. He has a month off before he needs to thin the fruit. But his hard work has paid off. He is off on a trip to Germany to relax and rejuvenate both body and mind.
Now that the chores are done, it's time to play! I do have a bucket list this year. Some are done, others still to do. It never includes just myself. It's all about family.
1. Eastering on the desert. Check!
Going to the desert to picnic, climb rocks, hunt for eggs, and eat good food has been a long-standing tradition in my family. I live a couple of hundred miles from the desert of my childhood days and have wanted to go back for some time now. This was our year to go! A daughter and son-in-law live just minutes away from the desert and were awesome hosts. It was a memorable year in more ways than one this year. Gathering with all my children and grandchildren, and exploring all that the desert has to offer, was an adventure we will always remember. And I hope to do again in future years.
2. Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge. Check!
We have one of the largest bird refuge's in North America that sits practically in our back yard. It's just west of Brigham City and north of The Great Salt Lake. I've never made the four hour plus auto tour around it. This year I did! With two of my grandchildren. It was so worth it! I'll be doing it again and again. We saw Blue Heron, Canadian Geese, American Coot, Cinnamon Teal, Yellow-headed Blackbird, and the Pelican to name just a few.
3. Tulip Festival
Every year in the spring Thanksgiving Point Gardens opens its gates to a spectacular show of tulips. Walking among the tulips, wandering brick paths, finding the door that leads to the Secret Garden, and weaving through waterfalls and fountains is extremely relaxing and soul healing. Before our day begins, we usually have a picnic centered around things such as the Mad Hatter's Tea from Alice In Wonderland, Fairies, etc. The entire family is invited. We make it one of the best day adventures of the year. I can't wait for this year's Tulip Festival to begin!
If you are ever in the state of Utah during April and May, this is a place that should be put on your list.
My girls and I started a tradition several years ago. We have a tea party for Mother's Day. Some years it's just we girls and the granddaughters. Other years it has included extended family. Whichever way it is carried out, it is definitely on my spring bucket list every year that I am home. This year will be centered around fairies. We have been Pinteresting and brainstorming ideas but would love any and all suggestions to make this year's tea party one that all little girls will remember.
5. Camping
I haven't been camping for over 20 years! I mean the real camping... in a trailer or a tent. This is my year! I am in charge of a family reunion and set a day in June for all extended family members to meet at a large water park for picnicing and water play. But my own children and I are camping up a nearby canyon for several days. I can't wait! Now... I just have to find a trailer...
I haven't been camping for over 20 years! I mean the real camping... in a trailer or a tent. This is my year! I am in charge of a family reunion and set a day in June for all extended family members to meet at a large water park for picnicing and water play. But my own children and I are camping up a nearby canyon for several days. I can't wait! Now... I just have to find a trailer...
Now you've seen my Spring Bucket list. What does your's look like?
Inspired by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop




Wow, you have done so much already and it looks like it's been wonderful. Ours is ummm...like winter still so we've been cooped up indoors. My son is still playing hockey! But that's our Canadian neck of the woods for ya!! We go straight to summer and we can't wait. Nuff of this fluffy snow stuff!
ReplyDeleteGreat family times! I want to camp in that trailer! And I would get a kick out of roasting Peeps over and open fire as well. You know how to live, lady!
ReplyDeleteIs that truck and trailer on your bucket list? 😍😍😍 I want❣
ReplyDeleteI wish!
DeleteLove your bucket list. I also love that truck and trailer! I think I might start having the tea party tradition with my girls also.
ReplyDeleteYou should have a Mother's Day Tea party with your lovely girls and grand daughters. It's such a sweet time to be together, dress up, and think how wonderful it is to be a mother, a daughter, a grand daughter!
DeleteAll of these look like fun! Eastering on the desert? I've never heard of such a thing, but now I want in!
ReplyDeleteGreat list! I've been to the bird refuge and to Thanksgiving Point many years ago. Wonderful memories, thanks for reminding me.
ReplyDelete