Like the sound of the first fallen snow.
The early morning quiet is music to my ears. It is my time to think, read, and ponder. My mind is as clear as a bell. I jot down appointments and activities in my awesome Mothers who Know planner. I write in my journal. The silence and quiet of the early morning is the most productive time for me to write, think, and read.
Then... comes the chime of the grandfather clock on the 3/4 past hour. The familiar tune reminds me of home. It is security. It is constant.
I turn on the computer and hear the quiet and constant hum of it while lightly tapping away on the keyboard. I listen for more sounds to start the day. Like running water and morning greetings from the wood pecker.
I love the sound of early morning hours!
Writing prompt #4: Listen... Write about what you hear, right now.
Hosted by

The house is so quiet first thing in the morning. It really is quite pleasant!
ReplyDeleteOh, Carol, I LOVE this post. It reminds me of Advent. This week's candle is the HOPE candle.
ReplyDeleteWish I was a morning person but I am not. I am extremely slow to get going, but once I am going, I find it difficult to stop.
xo, m & jb
Carol, your images in this piece are gorgeous. And I love the wintry header with the mitten shots. ~May@Achieving Clarity
ReplyDeleteI like the sounds of silence too. I love the picture of the woodpecker--so cool.
ReplyDelete