Sunday, September 8, 2013

Darkness



Sometimes we have to feel opposites to know the full measure of their meanings. Darkness and Light. Sickness and Health. Sorrow and Joy. Despair and Hope. Loneliness and Contentment. Misery and Happiness. Adversity is part of our mortal life.

None of us will escape this life without experiencing opposites. We choose what to do with the trials of adversity. Will we learn and grow from our experiences, causing greater determination to rise above our afflictions? Or will we lose hope and remain in misery and darkness? What we choose will ultimately determine the outcome of our character. 

For me, when I choose light over darkness, I feel full of hope, peace, love, joy, and optimism for a new dawn... a brighter tomorrow. Even in my darkest hours I reach for the light and it makes all the difference in the world. 


7 comments:

  1. so true, but sometimes I feel I will never learn; beautiful shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post, i am happy finding your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a stark image fits the quote so well! and of course, we do experience these opposites, sometimes making it hard for one to triumph over the dark ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel much the same as you do about light and darkness. Without one we would not have the other. I think it's a balance as we walk through life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange how we feel about darkness, sometimes I enjoy it and other times it can be a fear factor. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo--for me it's about the contrast--without darkness there is no light.

    My photograph is of jellyfish at the aquarium in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  7. truth--and your choice of photo and your editing illustrates that truth so well. You have always been a person who turns her face to the sun. I'm so happy you are my sister.

    ReplyDelete