"Knowlege comes, but Wisdom lingers." Alfred Lord Tennyson
We go through life acquiring knowledge... it comes through life experiences and learning, both in the world and in the classroom. Knowledge is acquired every single day, and is built line upon line.
Wisdom comes after acquiring knowledge and going through life experiences; sometimes over years of time. Wisdom is recognized as using "good judgement and being wise."
Two people come to mind when I think of having "wisdom". My parents. It wasn't until later on in life, after I became a parent and a grandparent myself, that I recognized the wisdom my parents possessed. They were my first and most important teachers in life. They provided many opportunities for learning... both at home, in the classroom, and in the world. All my experiences and education have helped shape the person I am today and will continue to do so throughout my life. I can only hope that as my children and grandchildren look to me for direction, guidance and advice, they find me as "wise" as my parents became to me.

I've done that too! I like that quote though.
ReplyDeleteNo worries. What an adorable shot! I love the com;position and processing.
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Quotography.
I agree, we recognize wisdom in others as we age. It's funny how we think we know everything when we are young. I absolutely love your photo. The best place on earth to gain wisdom and knowledge.
ReplyDelete