Saturday, April 13, 2013

Easter Lilly


Jesus said... I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.  John 11:25
I can see it and remember it just like it were yesterday. Mom bought a beautiful white Lilly for Easter every year. She set it in the living room, where it complemented the soothing colors of  blue and green. A floral scent... very unique, filled our home early Easter morn. It's hard to describe it's delicate fragrance, but if you have ever had an Easter Lilly, you will never forget it. I have had to have one every year for Easter, as well. The smell and sight of the beautiful white Easter Lilly brings back wonderful memories of home.

The petals of the Lilly are pure and white, symbolizing birth... new life. I learned about the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the time I was a very young child. I am grateful for the gift of the resurrection. It gives me great comfort in knowing I will see my sweet daughter, my mother and father, and other loved ones again. There is no greater gift. I truly am grateful for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

5 comments:

  1. you and I chose the lily as our image! not unreasonable since it is a symbol of Easter.
    I like the hazy veil over your image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photograph and quote, thank you for sharing. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful flower and has a lovely scent. Beulah grows a whole row of them at her house. It is Heavenly!. I'm grateful for the resurrection too. Where would we be without it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilies are so gorgeous. They are a perfect synonym for Easter and it's beauty. Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and the quote is perfect for it. LOVELY work.

    ReplyDelete