Sunday, January 13, 2013

Walking


The author of the quote goes on to say...


....it is the one way to freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the way side.                               
                                                                         Elizabeth von Arnim, The Adventures of Elizabeth in Rugen

The picture above was taken in 2008. Husband took a 2 week [rest and relaxation] from war duties in Iraq, and we met in Germany to explore Europe. The wooden path leads to the famous Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. 

I couldn't agree more with the quote by Elizabeth von Arnim. If you don't walk, meander, wander, whatever you want to call it... you miss out on the beauty that is so abundantly ours for the taking. I love nothing more than walking up a canyon in the Autumn time underneath a carpet of colorful leaves. Or, in the Summer, walking down the sidewalk in my neighborhood and taking in the sights that make up my community. Or walking down a quiet country road in the Spring, witnessing the miracle of newness and watching new born calves frolic in green pastures.

Walking time is therapy time. There are many people who like to walk with someone else. Walking with my daughters, when the opportunity arises, is a treat. But... I do love to walk alone. Some of my most creative and inspirational thoughts, ideas, solutions to problems, etc. come in those quiet moments of walking... alone!  I feel more gratitude in my heart, I am more positive, and it makes me feel good all over. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the shot and what you have to say is very true, I love to stroll. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical photo this is! I love the quote and your words that follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both these quotes. They are so true. There is something magical about walking/wandering in nature that can really heal the soul. I especially like the misty/foggy background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photograph is delicate and dreamy. I couldn't agree more with you, walking in a beautiful scenario is good for mind and soul. Besides, it's cheaper than a therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is perfect! I do love to "see" into things.

    ReplyDelete