Sunday, January 20, 2013
Water
Even from the age of a very small child, I have always loved lying on thick, plush grass, looking up at the clouds, and listening to water run down a ditch bank. It was the perfect setting for day dreaming and scheming up the next big adventure.
The sound of water is so soothing. Even therapeutic. We planned for a waterfall as part of the landscape at the new house. It's been many years since the days of my youth, but the sound of running water, to this very day, provides an escape into a world of day dreaming, adventure and scheming.
Labels:
Quotography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Carol, I think is special, and my photograph is a Winter one but on a sunny day I converted it to black and white. Love your quote with the photograph. Cheers
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful quote and your photograph illustrated it beautifully.
ReplyDeleteListening to the water running or to the sea murmur is really a blessing.
I agree, lying on a bank, listening to water and watching the sky is never a waste of time. Only these days I don't lie on the bank but I will sit in a chair :)
ReplyDeleteI too love the serene feeling I get by hearing waterfalls. I would love to lie in that thick grass!
ReplyDeleteI can't remember if I've told you before, but I love the paper on either side here. It is very close to a scrapbook paper I've used in my albums.
I agree that the sound of water is very therapeutic. I suppose that's why we want water features in our gardens....and vacations by the oceans!
ReplyDeleteLovely photo and quote - I totally agree with it :-) I like the reflections in the water as well.
ReplyDeleteVisiting from pret-a-vivre.com