"...a voice so thrilling ne'er was heard in spring-time from the
cuckoo-bird, breaking the silence..." William Wadsworth
I've never hear a real cuckoo-bird, but I am reminded every single day what it sounds like when it sings. We have a cuckoo clock from the Black Forest of Germany, where the cuckoo-bird is prevalent. Every hour the cuckoo-bird comes out of it's door to sing the time. If I ever go back to Europe in the spring-time I will have to listen carefully for the song of the cuckoo-bird.

Hello dear Carol,
ReplyDeleteMy gramma had a cuckoo clock. I always said, "When I grow up..." Always wanted a grandfather clock, too. Love to hear them chime. Have neither, but I do have a clock with a rooster on it in my kitchen. Always said I wanted a rooster in my kitchen when I grew up. And, I do.
Have missed you. The brain injury was worse than anyone thought. I get overwhelmed VERY easily. Blogging and commenting is difficult, but I think I am getting better. At least I can spell again. Mostly. Falling asleep here...
xoxo, m & jb who is already ensconced between my legs dreaming her little cat dreams...
It's so good to hear from you Maureen. I've been thinking about you. Brain injuries are so scary. I'm praying you will continue to mend and have a full and complete recovery. Miss you!
Deletethat would be something to hear wouldn't it. Your orchard must look beautiful right now. Love the blossoms. Our blossoms are mostly gone except the apple tree. They are just beginning. We're going to Thanksgiving Point today to get some much needed tulip therapy. Sadly I broke my camera so I won't be taking pictures.
ReplyDelete