Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Quotography: Model


Each person must live their life as a model for others. - Rosa Parks

Mom and dad and grandmother Richardson left a legacy of love for their posterity... a history of their lives. The pages come alive as they offer insights of real life living... trials, hardships, health, work, faith, joys, humor, compassion, service, enjoyments, lessons learned, etc. Through years of living, a character emerges in each of them. Their histories are models that I want to and have patterned my own life after. I am proud of my name!

They have instilled in me, a desire to write my own history. It is my hope to leave my children and grandchildren a legacy of living that they will be proud of, too. Even with mistakes, lessons can be learned and growth can take place. Faith can be strengthened and hope can be gleamed. 

When my time winds up on earth, what do I want my book to be filled with? Memories of home, children, grandchildren... time spent together, love, faith building experiences, lessons learned, and testimony. A pattern, a model that my posterity would be proud to live by.
Thoughts lead to acts, acts lead to habits, habits lead to character – and our character will determine our eternal destiny.    -Ezra T. Benson



3 comments:

  1. It is a daunting task thinking about writing a memoir. I just want mine to be brief, well-written and contain a real story. I tend to stick to boring facts and that makes hard reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your outlook on brief, well-written, that tells the real story. I asked Dave about what he thought on some of my posts. He said I tend to lean toward making the story more sensationalized, like I'm stretching, including drama where drama it isn't so. It made me think! I have always loved the way you write. It's enjoyable because it is brief and to the point. I will practice on those skills!

      Delete
    2. I like your outlook on brief, well-written, that tells the real story. I asked Dave about what he thought on some of my posts. He said I tend to lean toward making the story more sensationalized, like I'm stretching, including drama where drama it isn't so. It made me think! I have always loved the way you write. It's enjoyable because it is brief and to the point. I will practice on those skills!

      Delete