Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sunshine


Today is February 2nd. Groundhog's Day! The groundhog saw his shadow in our neck of the woods. And that means only one thing... winter for 6 more weeks! 

I chose sunshine for my quote because I am needing sunshine in my life in the worst way right now. I've been sick, the inversion has been horrible, it's been bitter cold, and the snow just keeps piling up. I've got cabin fever! Today, we are getting a break from winter's fury. The sun is out, the temperature is rising, and we can see blue skies. Yeah! 

Here's another quote I like. 


Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
                                                                                                                Maori Proverb 

7 comments:

  1. We've had a lot of "make your own sunshiny" days here too! I like your shadow photo with the quote; perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could send you some of mine, a lovely quote thank you for sharing. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here it's Summer but I don't have sunshine either. It's raining nonstop here. Thanks God we have our own sunshine! Love the Maori quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's one thing I love about you--you always have your face towards the sun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW--your new header is very powerful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your header's words...so true.
    I find bringing my own sunshine very hard to do sometimes. But definitely a good idea! I hope you're back to 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete