dedicated to mother who passed away on October 5, 2011
(The above picture - two weeks before passing, my sister and I celebrated our annual birthday lunch with mom)
I knew exactly what picture I wanted to use this week for my quote. My mother was the most courageous person I ever knew. Her mind was alert, her head in the Lord's plan for her... right up to the point of passing. Mother knew what was happening. She was in it every step of the way. She had a desire to pass away from this life triumphant. And that she did! She was prepared. She was pure. She endured faithfully to the very end. Was she afraid? Oh, yes! But she was brave. She did not waste what precious time she had left on earth. Mother spent her end of days giving gentle guidance and expressing unconditional love to all family members. The last few months of her life were spent in a Nursing Home/Rehabilitation Center for her broken leg. As hard as she worked. As hard as she tried. It was not mean't to be. Her example of patience, long suffering, and faith in God sustained not only herself, but the rest of the family. Here's to you mother... my HERO! Both in life and death.

A beautiful tribute to your Mum and I know you are missing her, sorry about the mix up of quotes, so I have asked those who did Books to do Courage and vice versus. Cheers
ReplyDeleteShe was the bravest of the brave--my hero too.
ReplyDeleteI love this, Carol. What a great example she provided you. That is no small gift.
ReplyDeletewonderful tribute to your mum!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful tribute to your mom. Simply wonderful.
ReplyDeletecarol--to add the tabs across the or on the side of your page go to design template, layout, add a gadget and select pages. You can add as many pages as you want. When you add a page it creates a tap. The template organizer will ask you where you want your tabs and the order you want them in. My kids always eat at their in-laws for Thanksgiving but I always get them for Christmas Eve so I think it is a pretty good trade off. We have a thanksgiving dinner a week before or a few days after Thanksgiving for three reasons. 1) None of the in-laws fixes pie like I do and Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without mom's pies and 2) We draw names for Christmas Eve and 3) we take the kiddo's pictures for the grandkid tree. I'm not sure what we'll do on Thanksgiving day. We talked about going out to dinner too. But maybe I'll tuck away a few left overs for the day.
ReplyDelete