Making personalized gifts for my family, for any holiday, is my favorite thing to do. Ideas pop into my mind of what I want to do, and then I usually browse Pinterest and Sugar Doodle to see if anything resembles what I had in mind. I can usually find something to adapt to my own ideas, and then I go to work.
A couple of years ago I made each of the grandchildren a coin holder with a Valentine message on it. It was a big hit! Each family got a bag full of Cupid poop to sweeten their day.
Both projects were fun and simple to make. Instructions are as follows.
Valentine coin holder
1. Print a Valentine message on white card stock (make up your own or get one off the internet). I found mine on Sugar Doodle.
2. Cut messages apart, small card size.
3. Using scrapbook card stock, cut a triangle and glue on to card, to hold coin. I used dollar coins.
4. Embellish with heart or flower brads, if desired.
1. Purchase red and pink candy in the bulk section of your grocery store, or in a package (I purchased a pkg. of Brach’s candy)
2. Fill a pint size Ziplock bag full of candy.
3. Print a Valentine poem on white card stock (make your own or print Cupid poop poem.
4. Fold card stock, with poem on it, and staple to top of Ziplock bag.