Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Writer's Workshop: Cupid Poop

Making personalized gifts for my family, for any holiday, is my favorite thing to do. Ideas pop into my mind of what I want to do, and then I usually browse Pinterest and Sugar Doodle to see if anything resembles what I had in mind. I can usually find something to adapt to my own ideas, and then I go to work. 

A couple of years ago I made each of the grandchildren a coin holder with a Valentine message on it. It was a big hit! Each family got a bag full of Cupid poop to sweeten their day. Both projects were fun and simple to make. Instructions are as follows.

Valentine coin holder 

1. Print a Valentine message on white card stock (make up your own or get one off the internet). I found mine on Sugar Doodle.

2. Cut messages apart, small card size. 

3. Using scrapbook card stock, cut a triangle and glue on to card, to hold coin. I used dollar coins. 

4. Embellish with heart or flower brads, if desired.




Cupid Poop 

1. Purchase red and pink candy in the bulk section of your grocery store, or in a package (I purchased a pkg. of Brach’s candy) 

2. Fill a pint size Ziplock bag full of candy. 

3. Print a Valentine poem on white card stock (make your own or print Cupid poop poem.

4. Fold card stock, with poem on it, and staple to top of Ziplock bag.






 HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!


writing prompt #4: A valentine inspired craft

Hosted by

Mama’s Losin’ It

5 comments:

  1. Just precious! I love the triangle coin holder so much. Reminds me of my great-grandmother who used to gift 2-dollar bills on every single child's birthday, every single year. Simple, loving gestures. Happy Valentine's Day to you! xoxo
    (visiting through Mama Kat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like the cupid poop poem, and I know the dollar coins would be a special surprise! I love how Pinterest inspires and helps me figure out my own ideas that pop into my head. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun idea for valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! I need to remember them for next year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can think of quite a few people I'd like to give Cupid poop too, brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete